The largest auditorium hall with a total area of 2700 sq.m., it features the latest functional congress technology, and holds 2,500 people in 2 levels, level 1 accommodates 1450 seats and level 2 is for 1050 seats in plush comfort.
The stage has the added attraction of the two circular daises, which rotate slowly in the opposite directions. The center dais can be raised 1.8m and lowered 3.3m. With a stage height of 10m, the stage also has an orchestra system area that can be lowered for 1.9m.
There are 30 backstage rooms and fully operational and equipped backstage, complete with sets, fire curtain, fire detection and sprinkler systems. The lighting system in three way operational – computer programmed, manually or line operated.
Cheops Auditorium has the Privilege of being multi-usage-it has the modern techniques as an auditorium with a United Nation standard voting board, enabling delegates to vote by Nation, the facilities of 8 languages of simultaneous translation, public address system, closed T.V circuit, cinematic projecting system and 2 full video walls (25TV units).
Skilled professional stage technicians ensure that each piece of equipment is used to its full potential for any type of event:
Audiovisual presentations, large inaugural events, concerts, stage show, operas and ballets. In fact Cheops Auditorium is Egypt's largest stage which fulfills the most up-to-date stage requirements.
Total area : 3850 sq. m.
Maximum capacity : 2437
Seats in rows wit/h work desks : 1000
- 2 circular diases raised to 1.8m and lowered to 3m
Depth: 16m Width:20m.
- Independent junction boxes for additional sound and lighting equipment
- Variable apron area consisting of 40 curtain guide rails
- 11 synchronous hoists and 300 synchronous mobile chain Hoists, curtain, scrim and cyclorama battens.
- Adjustable proscenium lighting bridges
- Extensive spotlight inventory from 500 to 5000 watts, mobile spotlight gantries.
- Portable control panels for stage manager and curtain machinery.
PROJECTION & SOUND EQUIPMENT
- Stereophonic PA system
- Simultaneous interpreting system fully equipped for 8 languages
- Computer controlled stereophonic conference system with aisle microphones up to 240 microphones
- Professional film projectors for 16mm and 35mm films
- High intensity moveable slide projector for 35mm slides on screen
- Special high intensity overhead projectors
- Slide projector for slide on TV.
- Data show system
- PC viewer system
- Colour video projection system VHS, Umatic ND B.cam
- Laser pointers
- Screens available varying in size from 2m to 5m in diameter for rear and front projection .
- 8 integrated interpreter booths accommodating 2 interpreters each
- 2 large projection booths integrated at rear
- 2 radio and TV commentators booth integrated at rear
- Extensive lighting and sound control panels
- Closed circuit TV system
- Discussion system
- Special Closed Circuit TV for light control
- Stage lighting consists of 180 dimmer lines with 250 lamp with variable power. Also the control of the lighting can be executed either manual, or automatic using 12 programs or by computer system.
- Cable ducts to TV vechile park and interface points for video and sound control
- Illuminated music stands orchestra seating and lift
- Adjustable lecterns
- 10 dressing rooms with closed circuit TV .